"Knock back all nearby enemies and vehicles."
Blasting Strike, or "BS" in classic hero abbreviation, is a Soldier ability that is dually effective to a great degree against both knifing Commandos and ground vehicles like Tanks and Jeeps. It throws everything in the immediate vicinity into the air and away from the soldier who used it. The results however are quite unpredictable and should be used with care. In patch 1.80, a restriction was added that is meant to prevent Blasting Strike from killing targets if they have over 75% of their health left when hit. They receive protection from Blasting Strike damage for 2.5 game time units.
|Royal Blasting Strike||National Blasting Strike|
|Delay||0.5 (emote starts) + 0.3 (blast starts) = 0.8 (total)|
- Blasting Strike is often used as the soldiers main defence against knifing commando's and other threats that come close to the player.
- Blasting strike can knock back all explosives including troop traps that haven't yet stuck to an object and RPG's within range of the blast.
- If done on a plane, a feat in its own right, you will force it to stall or into a different direction, causing it to crash into something (such as a tree, or the ship on Buccaneer Bay).
- Many soldiers prefer to spend as many points in this ability as possible because it has a slight chance of killing an enemy in one strike if it hits a building. Though this is pretty random and sometimes the kill does not get awarded to the player. Instead it would count as an "accident".
- When used in conjunction with parked vehicles, Blasting Strike can be extremely dangerous; even a simple Jeep becomes a lethal projectile when flung through the air by an observant Soldier.
- Remember to time the blasting strike, when trying to blast vehicles off the road, else youwill get road killed/tank smashed.