|→ Click here to edit this article!|
The Tutorial Game Mode is a peaceful single player map with no enemies, where new players can learn the basic mechanics of the game. Accessing the tutorial requires internet connection nonetheless.
The Tutorial can be accessed by checking the "Tutorial" checkbox next to the Play Now button in the game-client, and then clicking on the Play Now button itself. You can also play the tutorial by going in the options and there will be a tab saying Play Tutorial.
In the Tutorial, objectives appears at the top of the screen with instructions on how to move, shot and things alike. Red bonfires will mark the places to move to. Once a player reaches a bonfire, they are given their next objective, which is either to reach the next bonfire, capture a flag or destroy a vehicle.
- Welcome to basic training! You can end this tutorial at any time by pressing Esc.
- Use your movement key (W) to move forward and your movement key (S) to move backwards.
- The smoke indicates a checkpoint. Follow the arrow to reach it. Checkpoints will appear in this tutorial to tell you where to go next.
- Here, I'll give you a jeep. Drive it to the next checkpoint.
- When using the jeep, accelerate using (W) and turn left and right by using movement keys (D and A).
- You are doing great! Continue to the next checkpoint!
- You can exit your vehicle (press E) and attack targets using the left mouse button. Sniper rifles zoom with the right mouse button.
- This flag is neutral. Stand close to the pole to capture it for your team.
- I'll give toy a tank to toy with. Destroy the enemy tanks down the slope.
- While on foot you can jump. Exit any vehicle you are in (Press E) and press the Space to jump.
- While on foot you can jump. Exit any vehicle you are in (Press E) and press the left ctrl to crouch.
- Here are a few extra targets for you to practice shooting. You can also run them over if you have a vehicle!
- Here is the final stage. Walk up to the airplane. This is where you learn to crash... I mean, fly.
- Here's a plane. Sheering the plane is like moving your character: Use the (W) to accelerate.
- Ascend/descend (pitch) and roll using the mouse (default). Move sideways (Yaw) using your movement keys (D and A)
- This concludes the tutorial. Press Esc to exit the game. Feel free to stay and play around in the tutorial if you like.
Since Version 1.80 new players are forced to complete the tutorial before playing online. Once finished, the game mode isn't available any more. This has been done in the believe that experienced players don't use the tutorial any more. After the developers noticing the huge demand after the removal they decided to re-implement it within the next versions. The rumours originally told that this feature has been removed by EA from the game due to people using it as a test map to try out new, unreleased items and weapons that were present in the game's files, but unavailable in the store.
Like in Pregame or in an Unranked server, neither XP nor Valor Points are earned, and no statistics are stored. The use of the Tutorial is restricted to give new users an understanding of the settings.
The only map to play the tutorial on is Seaside Skirmish. The main reason for not porting to other maps is the fact that the tutorial game mode script is specific for seaside, so ends up with very weird and unordered instructions on other maps. 
- The wooden targets, weak tanks and red bonfires are exclusive objects of the Tutorial and cannot be found anywhere else. However, the red bonfires closely resemble the National Festive Flare Widget that was released during the Football Fiesta.
- When someone writes something into chat in Tutorial, his name shows as Current.
Pages in category "Tutorial (Game Mode)"
This category contains only the following page.