|→ Click here to edit this article!|
Gameplay & RulesEdit
On one or more central points of the map V2 Vengeance rockets are about to be launched. Each team has a timer of 5 minutes per rocket, reduced as each second passes by when the corresponding team is in control of the rocket.
During the neutral phase, when any of the teams has yet to capture and secure a rocket, both team's timers will be counting down towards zero, encouraging players to try and reach the rocket before the other team and prevent a stalemate.
Like flags in Conquest mode, a progress bar will appear showing the amount of time it will take to capture the rocket and also similar to the aforementioned mode, the more allied players near the rocket, the faster the rocket will be captured. Unlike Conquest mode however, the rocket does not need to be 'uncaptured' before a team can begin capturing it; a completed capture automatically transfers the control of the point from one team to the other with no 'neutral' period.
Once the rocket is secured, the capturing team's timer will continue to count down to zero, while the opposing team's counter will stop at the time it had when the rocket changed teams. If that team manage to recapture the rocket, their timer will begin again while the timer for the previous team stops. Possession of the rocket will often switch back and forth between the two teams several times over the course of the match, drawing the match out for longer than five minutes.
The team whose timer reaches 00:00 first wins, and the rocket launches in a cloud of smoke. There are no 'tickets' in V2 Vengeance, so each team may re-spawn an infinite number of players until the round is over and a winning team is decided.
Different amounts of rockets, mean different starting times:
- 1 rocket means 5:00 - 5:00
- 2 rockets means 10:00 - 10:00
If one team holds both rockets, their timer will drop faster (x2).
- 1 awarded to every player holding the flag for 60 tickets
- 3 at round end for winning team
- 100 awarded to team holding the flag each 30 tickets
- 20 awarded to players in cp radius when flag is captured
- The rocket viewable in each HotH map is based on the V-2 rocket.
- There are wrecks of V2-rockets lying around on Lunar Landing.
- For some reason the V2-Rockets may at times start spinning around in loops, instead of flying straight up as they are supposed to.