To use them you have to equip them in the main menu on the "Emotes"-Tab and put them in the 3x3 roster. Press and hold Q (default key) in-game to show up the Emote selection screen and then simply click the emote you wish to use.
Emotes can be tested in the game's client by going to the Store page and/or the My Stuff page and then selecting the Emotes section. Once clicked on the yellow play button the emote is then performed but no special items are shown during certain emotes (e.g. guitar, trumpet, rocket, glass).
The emotes with '(both)' behind are available to both Factions, they have the same name but the emote is slightly different.
There's plenty of emotes, but three come standard. Every player has them.
- Wave (both)
- This is a popular emote to use once you've killed someone, you will be in their 'killcam', so snatch up the opportunity to taunt them. Also used as a method of expressing thanks if someone heals or shares leg it with you as well as other helpful actions or abilities.
- Medic! (both)
- This will cause your hero to wave his/her arm around while displaying 'I need a medic!' in chat, although this is only visible to your team.
- I need a ride! (both)
- This will cause your hero to stick his/her arm out and thumb a ride while displaying 'I need a ride!' in chat, although this is only visible to your team.
- This can also imply "GTFO".
- Yes (both)
- This animation shows the character making an "OK" sign for Nationals and a "Thumbs up" for Royals
- No (both)
- Incoming! (both)
- This antimation makes the character to pull out his hand, and pointing somewhere. It also displays in chat Incoming!, however it shows only to your team.
- Thanks (both)
- Chicken (Royal) 1679 Funds
- Beat Chest (Royal) 1679 Funds
- Wipe Forehead (Royal) 1679 Funds
- Laugh (both) 1679 Funds
- Robot Dance (National) 1679 Funds
- Cup Ear (National) 1679 Funds
- Throat Cut (National) 1679 Funds
- Taunt (both) 1679 Funds
- Cheer (both) 1679 Funds
- Angry (both) 1679 Funds
- Flex Muscles (both) 1679 Funds
Part of the Winter Armistice:
- Fisticuffs (both) 1679 Funds
- Facepalm (Royal) 1679 Funds
- Use Your Head (National) 1679 Funds
- Airplane (Royal) 1679 Funds
- Brush it off (National) 1679 Funds
- I dunno (Royal) 1679 Funds
- Thumbs Down (National) 1679 Funds
Part the Vampire and Werewolves sets:
- Wolf Howl (Royal) 560 BF
- Tasty (National) 560 BF
Part of the Football Fiesta. These emotes can also be rented for VP. The Ejected emote was one of the first emotes to feature special objects when used in-game.
- GOOAAL! (both) 2519 Funds
- Close! (both) 2519 Funds
- Ejected! (both) 2939 Funds
Part of the Football Fiesta. The price for these emotes is justified by the fact that when used in-game, they display the corresponding instrument in conjunction with the animation. This is not visible when playing the emote in the store.
- Acoustic Bass (Royal) 2939 Funds
- Congas (Royal) 2939 Funds
- Trumpete (both) 2939 Funds
- Guitar (National) 2939 Funds
- Tuba (National) 2939 Funds
Part of the Action Hero sets:
- Gunslinger (Royal) 2399 Funds
- Knife Shave (National) 2399 Funds
Part of the Leet Hero set:
- Leet (Royal) 3359 Funds
- Barbarian's Wrath (Royal) 3359 Funds
- Ravager's Cry (National) 3359 Funds
Flyday EmotesEditPart of the Flyday Supply Drops:
- Loser (Royal) 3359 Funds
- Tea Time (Royal) 3359 Funds
- T-Bagging is a must while using this emote!
- I'm Watching You (National) 3359 Funds
- N00b Clap (National) 3359 Funds
- Mummy Walk (Royal)
- Anubis Worship (National)
Released during the Christmas 2011 advent calendar:
- Get In (both) 2989 Funds
- Griefer Gift (Royal)
- Tarnished Treat (National)
Part of the the Scientist update:
- I have a plan! (Royal) 2999 Funds
- Master Plan (National) 2999 Funds
- I be trollin (both) 2999 Funds
- I be trollin emote is reference to popular internet meme ''Trollface''
Part of the the Robot update:
- Dance Protocol R (Royal)
- Dance Protocol N (National)
Part of the the Astronaut update:
- Rocket Play (Royal)
- Rocket Play (National)
Part of the the Western update:
- I'm on a Horse! (Royal)
- I'm on a Steed! (National)
Please take in account that you cannot move with Horse emotes, and that Heroes hitbox doesn't moves up to the place where hero is sitting. Also, the horse doesn't affect anyone or anything and that horses cannot be damaged, nor are living enities.
- DEVine Unicorn (Royal)
- DEViant Unicorn (National)
Unlike above, these Developer only Unicorn emotes can move, and have special Rainbow trail when done so. However, everthing else noted above applies here too.
- Terrific Tricycle (Royal)
- Trailblazing Trike (National)
- Royal Fanfare (Royal)
- National Fanfare (National)
Part of the the Olympic Runners & co update:
- Royal Trophy (Royal)
- National Trophy (National)
- The emotes were released after long time upon their release, when 2012's Countdown of Halloween event was going on.
Part of the the Agents update:
- Sam's strong sip (Royal)
- Event Eradicator (National)
Hip Hop EmotesEdit
Part of the the Hip Hoppers update. Also known as Boom Boxes or Ghetto Blasters:
- Boom Boxin' Box (Royal)
- Boxin' Boom Box (National)
- Both boomboxes play same sound.
- They also share same texture, but recolored.