|This article is a stub. You can help Battlefield Heroes Wiki by expanding it.|
Inland Invasion (II) is the 13th map released, and the only map with boats. On 14th May 2013 it received its nightly version.
The Royals have reached the Nationals France, Normandy. The Nationals are trying to defend Normandy. With succes or not? You can choose, join the Royals or Nationals and attack or defend. Normandy is in your hands
This map also introduces a new version of the standard conquest game mode.
- Royals will start in boats with no flags while nationals will start on land with multiple flags.
- Royals must storm the beach and take control of the first 2 flags before they can move up to take more... there are no sneaky tactics to help you here... you need to take them by force one at a time.
- After taking the first 2 flags Royals will have secured their place on land and must then push onwards to force the Nationals back, 1 flag at a time.
- Flags that cannot be taken will be displayed with a padlock overlay, while those without are free game and the flags you should be attacking.
- If the Royals can force the Nationals back to their home base and capture their last flag then the Nationals will be unable to spawn, and if all of the Nationals are taken down, the Royals will win. Otherwise it's the usual, first to 0 tickets loses.
There are 6 capture points on the map: West Bunker, East Bunker, Crossroad, Farm, Guardpost and National HQ.
The beach is right in front of both bunkers, wich are on large hill. Barbed wires, stones and unfunctional boats are randomly placed on the beach, with occasional holes (Large smoke particles go from the holes), and one Tank spawning on the left side of beach. All routes lead to the bunkers. Beach is the only place containing boats and is the first spawnpoint for Attackers.
Bunkers are connected together with trenches, and in center there is an AA-gun. There are two bunkers, each containing a flag: West and East bunker. Both bunkers are required to be captured in order to progress into Crossroad.
The third flag is in front of a large bridge that crosses a large, central road, surrounded with living fence. The Crossroad can be captured only when West and East bunkers are captured, and Crossroad point must be captured in order to unlock Farm.
The Farm is the forurth place to capture, required to unlock the Guardpost. There is an airport behind Buildings with 1 plane and 1 AA-gun in the Farm itself. Also, there are two jeeps in the farm itself. Farm contains alot of open space, filled mostly with huge amount of grain.
Guardpost is one of the smallest capture points with only one sandbag near flag in center and surrounded with living fence. Near the guardpost, there is a small shack with tank inside. This is the fifth point to capture, and the point required to unlock National/Royal HQ.
The last flag is contained in a small outpost, filled with serveral buildings, sandbags and a flag in center. In the front of the road entrance, two watchtowers similiar to these in Wicked Wake are being present. There are a lot of vehicles: 1 plane at the airport, 2 tanks behind buildings, 1 AA-gun and 1 or 2 cars. If the Royals capture National/Royal HQ, the enemy team's tickets will slowly start dropping and enemy team members will be unable to spawn. Once tickets reach 0, the team that captured the National/Royal HQ wins.
- Prior to its release, the map was play tested on the PTE.
- As with earlier maps, a contest was held to find a find name for the new map. The name "Inland Invasion" was suggested by feliz.
- D-Day themed landscape. Therefore the place is posed in the ambient of Normandy.
- It's codename was Dependant Day.
- The trailer indicates the first appearance of boats, but like this still can be a simple animation trick for illustration purpose like the leather whipe emote on the last Christmas 2011 christmas trailer or the landing boat in the Perilous Port trailer.
- The Veterans bundles were released along with the map.
- ↑ "2012/09/18 Maintenance Wednesday 19th September", 18th September 2012, Retrieved 16th June 2013
- ↑ "The new map has a name - Inland Invasion", 7th September 2012. Retrieved 26th June 2013.
- 31st August 2012: New Map sneak peek + you name it!
- 31st August 2012: Boats in upcoming map!
- 7th September 2012: The new map has a name - Inland Invasion
- 17th September 2012: Veteran Heroes + New Map Inland Invasion