The War Room (also known as Metagame or Theater of War) is a minigame layered on top of the actual game system in Battlefield Heroes.
The War Room was announced in the first Battlefield Heroes trailer, and was originally meant to be implemented in the long run, but wasn't added to the game until April 18th 2013. From numerous quotes before this date, EAsy developers had hinted that the metagame would eventually be added, but there were too many other important things to do first.
March 21, 2013, the Beta sign-up for "The War Room" begins.
April 5, 2013, the next wave of beta invites were sent out, the exact number unknown.
April 10, 2013, community manager Vitalbullet announced on Twitter that everyone who had signed up for the beta, would be given access to the War Room on the 11th. Through a frontpage announcement the following day, it was clarified that anyone who now chose to sign-up for the War Room would be given immediate access, meaning the War Room was now technically in Open Beta.
May 14, 2013, the factions on territories H7 and F2 were switched to form a battle line and adjusted scores needed for loots and rewards.
July 23, 2013, Cut-off territories added to the war room.
October 22, 2013, a small update to the behaviour of the Headquarters. Should the connection to the enemies HQ be lost, the HQ defences will no longer reset to 100%.
The War Room can be accessed through the Battlefield Heroes webpage menu, where it's located under the 'the game' section (link).
- Choose your faction.
- Choose a friendly territory to attack from.
- Choose the territory to attack.
- When the territory battle is won/lost, choose a new tile to proceed. You can always switch your tiles, but at cost of lost points for the territory battle itself, resulting in lose of Battle loot.
- Once one of the factions has captured the enemy HQ, War loots are rewarded to players depending on their Battle Score pr. day.
Simply play the game. There are no specific servers where the war room takes place, but your score helps your chosen faction.
You gain score for:
- Helping the team (Team efforts)
- Dealing damage
- Fulfilling game mode targets
- Doing heroic moments
How much your score influences the current battle depends on the surrounding tiles, the troops on your and the enemy tile and maybe some other currently unknown factors. In general though, the more people attacking or defending from the same territory, the more effective it is.
According to the help screen indicated with (?) a flanking bonus exists: If more than one territory attacks the same enemy territory, a flanking bonus is put on top of the attack points. The more surrounded the enemy is, the bigger the flanking bonus and the easier it is to capture the territory.
To prevent the enemy from advancing, you can cut off their supply lines by capturing the territories behind them and separating them from their HQ. This will make it very difficult for the enemy to keep up defences on those severed territories.
The HQ does not lose its progress even if connection is lost.
Battle loots are found as reward as soon as a single tile battle is over:
There are 4 levels (stars) that you can earn though gaining score on the tile:
[Updated on 1st June, 2013] There have been several modifications.
|Level||1 Star||2 Stars||3 Stars||4 Stars|
|20 VP||40 VP||80 VP|
5 Supreme Bandages
|50 VP||100 VP|
10 Supreme Bandages
10 Pocket Tanks
You are rewarded with war loots if one session of the war room is over. There are four reward levels:
|Avg. score/day + territory bonus||0||~1000||
|20000 or higher|
|Supply Drop||200 VP||300 VP|
1 Day Premium
|Supply Drop||500 VP|
2 Days Premium
These are the medals that were part of the victory rewards (see above) in earlier campaigns.
- Before the War Room was announced, Ex-mod Blackwyn kept reviving the hope for an implementation of the metagame in every single thread about future update predictions.
- The leaderboard update has quite much similarity with the metagame indicator.
- The first closed beta campaign in the War Room was won by the Nationals.
- The first open beta campaign in the War Room was won by the Royals.
- The first Medal release campaign was won by Nationals.
- A similar game concept called "@War" was created by Pedro, the creator of Autoadmin. It can be played on servers with Autoadmin enabled.
- The Third War campaign of season 1 was a Tie due to Headquarters capture bug, and a short period after that War Room was closed. Both factions received Winning War Rewards as compensation.
- Winter 2013 war was yet the only war that hasn't included a medal.
- Blackwyn's Metagame conspiracy thread
- Metagame suggestion thread
- War Room Beta sign-up page
- War Room official page
- English Guide by Dr. Rabbit
- English Guide by kopsq
- German Guide by MojoXX
- War room log and resources thread
- "The first season of the War Room has come to an end"