Perilous Port (PP) is the 10th map coming to Heroes since it's beginning.
Perilous Port is an infantry map, resembling Victory Village and Riverside Rush in it's look, but having a totally different gameplay experience. In the centre of the map is a boat, and directly next to it is a bridge; these are the only way of crossing the river (unless you swim). The river runs down from the waterfall.
Perilous Port came out on 19th October 2011, as a Halloween night map. The Halloween map has pumpkins outside all the doors. After that, during Christmas 2011 Winter version was added, being first in the day. Like predicted, the original daytime version known from the PTE was released the 25th January 2012 with the CtF game mode.
Planning out your next round? Organizing your clan strategy? Take a look at the Conquest guide to ensure the control of the 3 capture points:
- Park - The best strategy for royals is to use the left flank near to boat, and continue to left until they will saw another, notibly smaller boat. Go through nearby houses and you are at Park. But remember = this is the National base, so expect big amount of Nationals. Take advantage of buildings and high ground they provide for ambushes.
- Boat - Both sides can use the bridge to cross into the other side. Boat entrance are two wooden platforms. Since there is a very thin space and there are not much ways how to escape, the best way is proably to flank enemy by going into the part of boat that encounters sea, and go back to effectively destroy enemy. Alternative way is to use high roofs for ambush. (Keep in mind that Night version of Perlious Port doesn't contain wooden platforms near bridge)
- Fountain - Since the land here is mostly flat, Nationals should take advantage of every cover, and progress through enemy lines to the fountain. Since this is the Royal base = Big amount of Royals will swarm this place. Nationals can take advantage of nearby buidling with very high roof, wich is accessible by ladders. It's one of these perfect places for snipers, wich can help to clear important enemies.
Added 25th January 2012 for PP Day. The national flag is at Park, while the Royal is near Fountain. A normal capture flag is placed at the Bridge.
Planning out your next round? Organizing your escape strategy? Take a look at the Capture the Flag guide to ensure the points for your team:
- National Flag - Since Both spawns are in same locations, most of tactics from Conquest rounds should work here. However, keep in mind that Nationals spawn near the flag so you can be spotted quickly when running to your base. When you have got the flag, never swim through water, since enemies will take the opportunity to take you down and make from flag death trap.
- Royal Flag - Since Both spawns are in same locations, most of tactics from Conquest rounds should work here. However, keep in mind that Royals spawn near the flag so you can be spotted quickly when running to your base. When you have got the flag, never swim through water, since enemies will take the opportunity to take you down and make from flag death trap.
- Boat - In Capture the Flag, Boat area control is even more essential for victory, since it's the best escape route. At the bridge, there is an additional flag wich doesn't give XP, but is essential for getting the enemy flag mroe quickly, since it makes you spawn there when captured. Take advantage of every Building that this highly-contested area provides, make sure you control every passage in middle (including water and buildings) to secure safe area for your Carrier.
You should use any Speed-inducing or Time-saving ability to incerase their chance to survive. Additionally, try to get most of your teammates near to you, since the Roofs of Perilous Port allows heavy ambush tactics, and many hills involve great areas for snipers. Be always aware of your surroudings when escaping, especially in Boat area.
- National Flag - Block off enemy offenses by closing off every hole near buildings. This can be done via partols wich go from location to location constantly and roam until Carrier is in the base area. Enemy will attempt to use the big hill at spawn to attack from above you. Keep in mind that and always look up. You should use any Speed-inducing or Time-saving ability to incerase their chance to survive. Do not escape thugh water: Even if it seems to be easier, it will mostly end up killing you and dropping the flag.
- Royal Flag - Control the area near Flag (Fountain, nearby hills and Buildings) to save your Carrier time greatly. Since enemy will be in controlled area, they will have small chance to hunt their flag rather than defending their own base. Be aware of snipers, as the terrain near Royal side of Boat area is more hilly, thus granting better overview and decerasing your chance to escape. Strafe everywhere when leaving this area! As always: Do not escape thugh water: Even if it seems to be easier, it will mostly end up killing you and dropping the flag.
|This article is a stub. You can help Battlefield Heroes Wiki by expanding it.|
The boat at the centre of the map has a crow's nest.
Quite useless tactically or for any reason.
A good place to escape to for a short period of time but quite open to enemy fire.
For this one, you have to use troop trap.
Go up to the yellow house near the cliff. Use a troop trap on the cliff wall to get up.
This spot provides an adequate view over all of the port.
2nd boat Edit
This boat just outside of Park lacks any ladders or real use but Nationals will occasionally respawn here. Royal commandos tend to hide here.
- Inside one of the houses on the royal side is a sign for "Candied Bacon", one of the few Easter eggs in BFH.
- There are 2 ghosts sitting on the benches; one on the royal side and one on the national side.
- The gravestones on the map all has the name "Jockelunde". It was added by Joacim Lunde, a character/equipment artist working at EAsy. He later revealed the full text on the gravestones to be: "Here Lies Jockelunde. He will always be remembered for his steady aim and his massive stack of points every round."
- The name "Perilous Port" was submitted by NorvilleBarnes in a Name the Map contest.
- 22th July 2011 was tested the first time as a daylight version on the PTE. Back in these days, it's test name was "Royal Rumble".
- Perilous Port Night features unique map objects including jack-o-lanterns and ghosts, defining it as the fifth night map
- There're two shirts which use PP as motive and were handed out as unlockable Reward during Halloween 2011:
National Halloween Shirt
Royal Halloween Shirt
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "2011/10/18 Game and web maintenance, Wednesday 19th October (Patch Notes added)", October 18th, 2011, Retrieved 16th June 2013
- ↑ "[Easter Egg] Here lies Jockelunde", June 14th, 2013. Retrieved June 20th, 2013