"Damage from the knife causes the victim to be poisoned losing health over a period of time."
Poisoned Blade is essentially the Commando version of Burning Bullets. It adds a poison to your Knife so that any enemy heroes struck lose health for a certain period of time unless a bandage is used. This ability is often underrated but is useful for taking on multiple enemies at once. It is very handy when paired with the machetes or samurai swords, which are slower than the knife.
|Royal Poisoned Blade||National Poisoned Blade|
|Damage over Time||15 (3x5)||21 (3x7)||27 (3x9)||36 (3x12)||45 (3x15)|
|Critical Hit Override||Chance: 10%|
|Hits per Intervall||6 (Poison Duration) / 2 (Poison Damage Intervall) = 3 hits|
- Invoking Poisoned Blade while in Stealth is dangerous because it creates a green mist-like aura around your hero which can be seen by enemies. It will also make a loud sound that is easy to hear.
- Be sure to equip the Elixir skill should a knifing attempt fail. Poisoned Blade doesn't always promise a kill, even if you manage to hit the target.
- You can't use Elixir and Poisoned Blade at the same time. One will disable the other.
- To maximize the success of knifing, it's strongly advised to max your commando's stealth level before investing Hero Points in poisoned blade. Doing so will allow you to get as close as possible to your enemy without them noticing you. Don't forget about elixir if you need to make a quick escape.
- It can also can give alot of post mortems and that can be done by killing an enemy while you're dead.
- like any other DoT ability it can be rendered ineffective or useless should the enemy heal, use hero shield, elixir, or any type healing widget. you should not go into a clanwar with this ability for these reasons given the fact that the enemy is always grouped together. let alone the fact that you should never go into a clanwar with a commando anyway :P