Hi, welcome to Battlefield Heroes Wiki. Thanks for your first contribution and registration, of course you are invited to participate as long and much as you like.
- Thanks for the report. IP bans aren't very effective, but I hope they do their job to get those pesky flies out of the way for the time they're seeking attention... BFH-Wiki (talk) 19:36, August 12, 2012 (UTC)
Shotgun page bug Edit
Seems like there was a server error converting the newly created wiki script page into proper html data. Afaik there wasn't any error in the code, but I commented out the stats section as protective measure. BFH-Wiki (talk) 19:47, September 10, 2012 (UTC)
Haha, I guess I came across your hero on the top 1000 score leaderboard today. I'd have a chance on a account-wide leaderboard but unfortunately no such thing exists. Always nice to meet those early OB dinosaurs here and then! BFH-Wiki (talk) 18:29, October 4, 2012 (UTC)
New Forum Edit
You can take a look at my comment at central wiki, it may be possible to change these issues with CSS but not sure if this is worth the effort. It goes well with article comments and message wall, but neither of these are enabled yet. BFH-Wiki (talk) 14:32, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
Mission Images Edit
D'oh I wonder why I didn't notice yet myself, yeah sure candidates for deletion. The reason has already been predefined in wise foresight (file directly provided by cdn.battlefieldheroes.com). BFH-Wiki (talk) 20:26, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Uhmm, guess I didn't express clear enough. They're no candidates, they're doomed to deletion. Will start deleting now parallel because of the ridicolous high amount of icons. BFH-Wiki (talk) 20:35, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
Weapon Categories Edit
Can't give a clear answer to both of your questions:
- While the current category structure is layed out root wise so that no pages are included in both maincategory and subcategory, I've seen a couple of wikis where everything is crosslinked. Guess this is a matter of taste. I suggest to keep Category:Weapons clean from the specific weapon pages like AK-74 and everything else should be included (type, range, speed, series, ...).
- Also not sure about missing categories and category classification. Sniper Rifles are all together "very long range" and some weapons are said to be "very slow/fast", but none of these haven't been yet created. Wether to include these in the future or not is a question of demand and I personally don't cosider them neccessary at the moment.
- Forgot about another category idea for explosives, because the ranges are very "flexible":
- Anti-Tank (alternatively Anti-Ground, material 56)
- Anti-Infantry (material 69)
- Anti-Plane (material 52)
Freecam Images Edit
Wow, the beautiful subpages sound very ambitious. One may lower the standards and first wanna add at least a minimum of pictures to pages that suffer under pure dry text for now (e.g. Inland Invasion, Boats) or improve quality of current Category:Gameplay_Images like Media:Two_Soldiers_using_Blasting_Strike.png. BFH-Wiki (talk) 21:19, December 18, 2012 (UTC)
Weapon Page Layout Edit
I started using a slightly different weapon page layout and would like to hear some feedback. Imo this is a passable option as seen on M32 MGL for example:
- Weapon A name level 2 heading
- Model and sound level 3 heading
- (Weapon B name level 2 heading)
- (Model and sound level 3 heading)
- Tactics and Playstyles
- I'm thinking of a way to reuse weapon stats on more than one template. So that the reskins are less copy paste. This could be achieved by subtemplates. I'm currently experimenting on Template:Stats and User:BFH-Wiki/Sandbox. BFH-Wiki (talk) 14:01, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Did it work?
- ohlala it worked
IWantCoffee (talk) 18:07, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
I hate those opinion based questions...
[tinfoilhat]The two images blow up the templated size too much imo, I'd choose one of those and move the other to the gallery. As the map overview doesn't really fit there and is THE map picture par excellence, it would better belong to the template. On the other hand a screeny looks much better.[/tinfoilhat] BFH-Wiki (talk) 21:52, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
Store Items Edit
You're totally right about that, that's why I rephrased the affected passages to all time true statements ;) Same issue with the personal opinions and judgements lurking out here and then. BFH-Wiki (talk) 10:28, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
Level Calculator Edit
- If you're going to edit the MediaWiki:Common.js anyway, I wonder if we are still in need of the collapse code!? Afaik I already replaced any ancient collapsible table with the new "mw-collapsible" class so that the code is superseeded. Even the navbox template was adapted, so I see no point in keeping that burden. BFH-Wiki (talk) 10:11, March 23, 2013 (UTC)
About two years ago after I took over the wiki I already made it on the front page :D It's a good idea to pull some editors out of the forums, but we first should set up a guide how to set up a weapon page, recieve all the informations needed (IDs, stats, ...) and get render images. Otherwise it's more work cleaning up than doing it ourselves. But more edits are always encouraging, so even "low quality" edits have their advantage. BFH-Wiki (talk) 12:49, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
- No, the mediawiki section is still a land of myths and tales for me. Recently I discovered how to change the usergroup descriptions:
New Punk sets Edit
Certanily not. These are not Steampunk-based, and Valut Releases were just opinion of Punks. Where did you saw steam pipes - engines on Hell trooper or Hoaxer?
Call them Steampunk heroes ;) (Also, I'm back)
Related Video List Edit
Icon ID Edit
test -- IWantCoffee (talk) 13:33, September 14, 2013 (UTC)
test2 IWantCoffee (talk) 13:33, September 14, 2013 (UTC)
Item IDs Edit
Not sure what you are talking about, do you mean one of these three?
- C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Heroes\mods\bfheroes\Localization\strings.txt? This is very complete, structured and readable.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Heroes\mods\bfheroes\Objects\Items_server.zip\Items.xml is the "root file", it's unordered and ties everything together.
- Third option is a well known internet source called ikonybfh[dot]cba[dot]pl, that is banned on the official forums.